- cukrowicz nachbaur architekten
A new exhibition hall with restaurant and event hall is to be organised in parallel to an exhibition building dating from 1893. The existing hall will be reduced on its original form and dimension. By the reorganisation of the area it becomes the central element of the Innsbruck fair. A large and solid construction lays on the roof of the new single-storey exhibition hall and repeats the dimension of the old hall as a significant building end taking over the functions of entrance hall and event hall [1200 people]. Its cantiliver of 25 m creates a significant effect and defines the generously roofed main entrance of the new fair area. A high-quality and translucent skin from perforated copper elements calms the general impression and revalues the surroundings. A generous glass front with roofed entrance opens the building to the new square.
Arge CNBZ Partner
Andreas Cukrowicz, Anton Nachbaur-Sturm, René Bechter, Michelangelo Zaffignani, Thomas Marte
Stefan Abbrederis [PL], Andreas Cukrowicz, Anton Nachbaur-Sturm
Congress & Messe Innsbruck GmbH
2006 1st Prize