Urban development VIERTEL ZWEI Plus
- Landscape Architects
- WES LandscapeArchitecture
- IC DEVELOPMENT GmbH, Vienna
- Project period
- 2014 - 2017
- 21.400 m²
- ICONIC AWARDS 2018 for RONDO | GBB AWARD 2018 for STUDIO ZWEI | ICONIC AWARDS 2018 for STUDIO ZWEI | PLATIN ZERTIFIKAT ÖGNI for MILESTONE VIENNA | PRATER 2018 FIABCI Prix D‘Excellence Top3 2018 | PLATIN ZERTIFIKAT ÖGNI for DENK DREI
- WES LandscapeArchitecture with H.H. Krafft, Berlin
- Atelier d‘architecture Chaix & Morel et associés, Paris (FR) | Christian Anton Pichler, Vienna (AT) | KS Ingenieure, Vienna (AT) | Atelier Thomas Pucher, Graz (AT) | KS Ingenieure, Vienna (AT)
Since its completion in 2009/2010, VIERTEL ZWEI Plus has been one of the most successful housing projects in Vienna and an example of perfect living and working conditions. Today more than 4.500 people live and work there, enjoying the 5.000 m² lake and more than 13.500 m² of green areas and open spaces.
The area of the green district situated by the harness-racing track in Vienna will now be extended with the VIERTEL ZWEI Plus. Two new office areas and innovative housing projects are being constructed in close proximity to the “Grüne Prater” district.
WES is developing a modelled landscape, “Grüne Inseln” (green islands), around a central square that accentuates the heart of the quarter. With an almost playful lightness, the flowing undulations of hills and valleys combine to form appealing green and open spaces for encounters, leisure activities, relaxation and infrastructure, creating an atmospheric picture of a contemporary architecture and landscape concept. In the central square, this picture is expressed uniquely with an interchanging appearance and dis- appearance of an organically formed water surface with a fountain intermittently in use, allowing the centre of the square to be used as desired.
1 week ago